Friday, October 22, 2010

1 Peter 5:7

Continuing on in my memorization of Bible verses for the unemployed, I decided to memorize 1 Peter 5:7: "Cast all your anxieties on him because he cares for you."

Waves of panic encroaching on your everyday life and thoughts? Bouts of hopelessness and feelings of helplessness?

The truth about it all is that God's got it all under control, and that He demands of us to cast our care onto him. His yoke, as it were, is light. Our yoke, clearly experienced by the unemployed, is extremely heavy.
When we cast our cares upon him, no matter how often (it could be daily, by the hour, by the minute even!), we're living the instructions set out by God. What benefit could anxiety have for the unemployed person? It does nothing to improve, benefit, or encourage. Instead, anxiety destroys and divides the spirit, taking the false claims as truth and reality. God has our lives firmly in his hands. If we forget that, we are forgetting the truth.

1 Peter 5:7 reminds me that God cares about me in ways that I can't understand. By trusting him, and entrusting my worries and anxieties with him, I can then experience the fullness and freedom of a life found in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment