Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Anything and Everything: Philippians 4:6

I find it immensely difficult at times to not worry, to not be anxious about my current situation. Unemployment is a rollercoaster I want to get off, but this time it's not letting me off so easily.

Philippians 4:6 says to stop my worrying, and instead, replace it with prayer:
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. (NLT)

I'm hoping that by memorizing the words of life and truth, and by keeping it closer to my heart and on the tip of my tongue, I will be able to ride the rollercoaster with a little more comfort and peace.

If I'm honest about my life, I have to be thankful for everything that I have. Skills that go unnoticed, provisions that continue to pour into my life, love that surrounds and sustains me, talents and abilities that are unique to me. So to fight my worry, a change in heart to one of appreciation and thankfulness is key.

Hoping you're encouraged by this quick post.

No comments:

Post a Comment