Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Second Phone Interview/Screening

I felt a little more prepared this time around, having read and re-read the job description, the corporate website information, and what I imagined the job to be like. The phone interviewer didn't use as much HR jargon, which in some ways disarmed the process. It felt like my textbook responses were being jotted down methodically into her notes, and I felt I needed to charm her over the phone.

I felt good about this interview and the suitability with my past experience. I can't say for certain that I'll get a second interview, but any contact is better than nothing.

The most typical question came up: How do you deal with a difficult client/person? What steps do you take?

I answered: Listen attentively and actively to the concerns, and confirm the situation by repeating the information as you understand it. Offer a solution based on your experience. If the problem is beyond my capabilities, then pursue other solutions through colleagues or escalate it to management. Always, always follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment