Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Following my own advice

I decided to follow my own advice today and headed out the door with purpose in my mind and a slight bounce in my steps. I refused to make the same lazy error I had made yesterday (letting the productive part of the morning slip away), so I ventured out of the neighbourhood to a new library. If you're in Toronto and you're a fan of libraries or public spaces, you must check out Gladstone Public Library, near the corner of Dufferen Street and Bloor Street. It's been newly renovated, retaining its beautiful historic ambiance, but mixed in with contemporary architecture and decor.

Sitting here and looking around, I've noticed how much space there is for people. There is simply no need to bump elbows with anyone, and there are plenty of comfy one-seat lounge chairs with wooden laptop rests. Lots of power outlets for computers, and even more public computer terminals.

I've got a long list of favorite libraries in Toronto, and this has got to rank up there with the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment